Berner is the industry leader for developing advanced control technology for air curtains.
- Berner AIR™ (smart controller & app, includes BACnet)
- Intelliswitch™ digital controller
Since introducing the Intelliswitch™ in the early 2000s, we remain the only manufacturer to have a built-in digital controller specific for air curtains. The Berner digital controller gives us the capacity to more easily integrate additional technologies such as wireless controllers, apps, EC motors, and other capabilities into our air curtains. This platform also makes it simpler to incorporate air curtains into the entire HVAC management of the whole building.
The Berner AIR™ is a user-friendly control system consisting of Berner’s smart controller and app, that simplifies the ability to program, operate, and monitor the air curtain via smartphone or a BACnet client. It currently offers:
- A direct link to the Intelliswitch™ from one’s smartphone via a built-in smart controller and mobile app
- BACnet capability
- Simplifies grouping (programming multiple wi-fi enabled air curtains)
- Weather-based Adaptive Setting (multi-speed models only) – proactive fan speed adjustment based on the local weather
- Over-the-air (OTA) updates
- Offsite troubleshooting – enables our Technical Support Specialists to troubleshoot possible problems with any equipped air curtain
- Performance reports, including energy savings
- Security – follows the industry best practices in security and the wireless controller comes encrypted at the processor level
- Available for iOS (Apple) and Android devices
- Password protected
- Solid foundation for additional functionality
The Berner AIR™ platform is a Berner-only system that allows for future additions of even more functionality.
Click here for the Intelliswitch™ quick start guide, FAQs, and how to program it.
The Intelliswitch™ is the industry’s first built-in digital controller for air curtains and has no equal. This digital controller is the foundation of Berner’s unique communication platform. It eliminates the need for the extra components and transformers when functionality beyond basic on/off is required. It allows Berner to more easily add and control EC motors and other devices. And most importantly, it allows the end user to control the air curtain how they want.
At heart, the Berner Intelliswitch™ provides a programmable variable-speed option along with the capability to select days and times for the air curtain to operate, when the thermostat calls for it, etc.. It is standard on all Architectural Models, including the Berner RevolvAir™. The Intelliswitch is optional on all Industrial Air Curtains. One Intelliswitch controls:
- Fan speed (applies to all Architectural and multi-speed Industrial air curtains)
- Time delay
- Thermostat (temperature & fan)
- Start/stop time
- Customizable programs
- Days & hours of the week to operate
- Diagnostic capabilities
The Berner accessory wall-mounted touchscreen makes up another branch of our Advanced Control Technology. This commercial-grade Android tablet works with the Berner AIR™ App. It is capable of controlling multiple air curtains all from one convenient location. It follows industry best practices and comes with security protocols in place.
Visually, the touchscreen is 7″ wide by 5″ high and comes in black or white. It can be used with Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi and is powered simply via an ethernet cable connected to the air curtain for easy installation.