Air Curtains Support a Safe Environment
The coronavirus pandemic brings a renewed focus and urgency to having good indoor air quality (IAQ) and ventilation. Properly installed and operated air curtains aid in increasing air dilution of the space inside the door, helping to decrease the concentration of suspended small droplets and particles carrying the infectious virus.
How Air Curtains Support Good IAQ
Air curtains, also known as air doors, are machines that blow a controlled stream of air across an opening, such as a doorway, to the other side to create an air seal. This seal separates different environments while allowing a smooth, uninterrupted flow of traffic and unobstructed vision through the opening.
When the Door is Open or Closed, Air Curtains
- Destratify the room air by reducing the build-up of thermal layers
- Reduce airflow dead zones by mixing room air
- Assist in the distribution of fresh air from the air handler
- Support thermal comfort by reducing “hot” and “cold” spots in your space while also protecting the indoor air from outside temperatures.
- Aid in the prevention of potentially dangerous airborne transmissions. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says superior air circulation in enclosed spaces will help prevent dangerous airborne transmissions that can lead to infections.
Air Curtains also
- Provide chemical-free flying insect control
- Keep out vehicle fumes (carbon monoxide) and tobacco smoke
Along with other disinfection, ventilation and IAQ strategies, Berner air curtains support a safe environment within stores, restaurants, bars, gyms, lobbies, offices,.. all kinds of businesses and commercial operations.
Made in U.S.A.
Berner Air Curtains has been saving energy and creating healthy, comfortable environments for our customers for more than six decades. Berner blazed a trail as the first air curtain manufacturer in the USA, and continues to be the leader in innovative industry solutions and designs. Berner has the experience, the expertise, and the manufacturing capability to provide good looking, high-quality air curtains that perform.
- First air curtain manufacturer in the nation
- Operating for over 60 years
- Offer superior customer service
- Provide in-house engineering and design knowledge
- Offer outstanding technical support
- Employ highly-skilled workers
- Utilize state-of-the-art manufacturing technology
- Headquartered in New Castle, Pa.
Berner is your perfect air curtain partner. Contact us today.