Berner International Corp. (BIC), a leading U.S. manufacturer of air curtains, has introduced the Drive-Thru, the industry’s smallest profile and easiest installed/maintained air curtain for drive-through service windows in restau- rants.
With an unobtrusive profile of 6 (h) x 7-1/2 (d)-inches, the 10-lb. Drive-Thru
is 75 percent smaller than the competition and allows more unobstructed space in cramped drive-through workstations. The Drive-Thru’s 150-cfm (18-inch-long model) or 225-cfm (26-inch-long model) airflow volume/velocities easily maintain comfortable, energy-saving environmental separation from outdoor conditions and prevent insect infiltration, but are specifically engineered for undisrupted paper money exchanges.
The Drive-Thru’s patent-pending mounting bracket hardware is compatible with all manufactured drive-through window brands and is easily installed by in-house maintenance staffs for any retrofit or new construction location. The Drive-Thru doesn’t require an electrician because its power cord easily plugs into any nearby 120-V, 15-amp (20-amp for optional electric heater model) electrical receptacle. Likewise, the patent-pending spring-loaded reusable aluminum-weave air filter system is easily removed without tools for periodic cleaning.
The Drive-Thru also includes:
- Aesthetic silver powder-coated extruded aluminum cabinet.
- Optional electric heater for added employee air comfort.
- Easily operated on/off rocker switch is designed for continuous all-day operation and small, 1/20th-hp. motor uses minimal energy.
- UL-listed for all commercial use permits Drive-Thru and electric heater option to be used in general portable space heating applications of non-drive through areas.
- Successfully beta site tested for six months in fast food restaurants assures energy-saving environmental separation and insect prevention.