Berner is a UL Listed panel shop, authorized to build UL Listed Motor Control Panels.
Berner Industrial Air Curtains (Air Doors) employ the correct balance of volume, velocity and uniformity, meaning an unheated unit has an average payback of two years or less. Berner has models designed to protect almost any opening, all the way up to a 30′ high door.
Ready to get started?
Berner’s Industrial Air Curtains
Berner Industrial air curtains are durable, with all-welded construction, a gray powder-coated exterior, and a mill aluminum inlet panel. They ship fully assembled, making them easy to install, operate, and maintain. Wash-down duty motors and construction for corrosive environments along with other customization available to ensure every application meets the needs of the space. Our industrial units have:
- Ambient and heated options
- Custom colors and stainless steel available
- Offered in both belt-drive and direct-drive models
- Wind stopping ability up to 30 mph
- Proven, AMCA certified performance [see performance research]
Benefits of Industrial Air Curtains
- Creates a more productive and comfortable environment for employees and customers
- Assists in creating safer environments by increasing air circulation and making openings safer for employees and forklifts to pass through unencumbered
- Saves energy by keeping the heating or cooling inside the building and the outside temperatures out
- Improves indoor air quality by keeping dust, fumes, and insects out
- Allows visibility across thresholds and easy access and egress through openings, increasing safety
Berner Industrial Air Curtains (Air Doors) can be installed suspended from the ceiling, around door tracks, wall-mounted, or vertically mounted along the side of the opening. Our air curtains can be used in buildings such as fulfillment centers, logistics centers, distribution centers, and more.
Most air curtains for doors use an automatic door switch to activate the air curtain. When the door opens, the automatic door switch turns on the air curtain (air door), providing the stream of air to stop the elements from entering the building. When the door closes, the door switch turns off the air curtain.
Want to learn more?
Berner air curtains for loading dock doors, bay doors and other large openings are used to maintain a more comfortable and more energy efficient loading area.
Air curtains are used to protect employees and the building from outside temperatures, secondhand smoke, truck exhaust, and flying insects.
Berner has been manufacturing air curtains for Cold Storage doors for over 50 years. What we have learned is that every freezer, cooler, or a combination thereof, is unique. Humidity, temperature differences, number of times the door is open & for how long, conditions on both sides of the opening, what is being refrigerated. These are just some of the factors that need to be understood as part of getting the right air curtain, with the right controls, in place for your freezer, cooler, cold storage, refrigeration, etc., application.
Freezers & Coolers use Berner Air Curtains for when the doors are open to:
- minimize temperature transfer
- slow down moisture transfer
- dry the floor
- prevent frost buildup
- save energy
Call Berner at (800) 245-4455 to work through what products are right for this application. If after 5:00pm EST, use the Contact Sales form, and a Berner representative will call you during office hours (8:00am - 5:00pm EST, Monday - Friday).
Call Berner at (800) 245-4455 to work through what products are right for this application. If after 5:00pm EST, use the Contact Sales form, and a Berner representative will call you during office hours (8:00am – 5:00pm EST, Monday – Friday).