New! Pass-Thru 6 Air Curtain
When the window is open
- For pass-thru windows, concession stands, and indoor/outdoor bar counters
- Meets food service standards and health department requirements for flying insect control
- Simple to install, operate, and maintain.
- UL Outdoor Certified (ambient air curtains)
- Made in U.S.A.
Architectural Elite Air Curtain
- Quiet, technologically advanced, and beautifully designed
- Simple to install, operate, and maintain
- Made in the U.S.A.
- AMCA certification for ambient, electric, and hot water heated models
ASHRAE 90.1-2019 allows air curtains
ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 joins other building codes allowing Air Curtains as Vestibule Substitutes.
AMCA certified air curtains were approved June 25, 2019 as alternatives to vestibules on most commercial building entries in ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 “Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low Rise Residential Buildings.”
What are the benefits of an air curtain?
- Energy savings
- Occupant comfort and customer experience
- Better indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Food safety
- An integrated pest management (IPM) plan
- Sustainability and Green Building goals
- Reduced touch points
- Employee well-being
Do air curtains really work?
Yes! Air curtains, a.k.a. air doors or fly fans, properly selected, installed and operated really do work to create a barrier out of air across an opening. So much so, that ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) building code allows AMCA certified air curtains as alternatives to vestibules.
Are air curtains effective?
Energy Conservation & Comfort: Research shows that properly selected, installed and operated air curtains are +/- 80% effective at keeping warm air on one side and cold air on the other when the door is open.
Flying Insect Control: Research with the USDA shows that air curtains are effective at preventing flying insects from passing through the air stream formed across the opening.
How Do Air Curtains Work?
When the door is open, Berner air curtains & air doors form a barrier out of air that:
- Keeps warm air on one side and cold air on the other
- Keeps flying insects out, chemical-free
- Keeps out fumes such as cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide, and odors
while allowing people, machines and goods to enter and exit.
Industries and Applications
UPDATED 5/25/20: Berner announced the Berner Air Curtain App, a first-of-its-kind air curtain app to control architectural air curtains from a smartphone, is available now at the Google Play Store. The company also standardized its patented digital controller, the Intelliswitch™, across its product suite of air curtains in the Berner Architectural category.
Berner announced that manufacturer representatives SRS Enterprises, Middletown, N.J., and R. Williamson & Associates LLC, Skokie, Ill., received the company's "Rep of the Year–2019" honors in the buy/resell and commission sales categories, respectively.
Good news for building owners, engineers/architects, and HVAC contractors who can now save energy, construction costs, and space in commercial facilities with this latest approved code addition.
Mark Peterson, Vice President of Operations, worked with Berner Air Curtains to investigate the benefits that air curtains could offer his employees, his bottom-line, and his customers.