NEW: Architectural Elite Air Curtain
- Quiet, technologically advanced, and beautifully designed
- Simple to install, operate, and maintain
- Made in the U.S.A.
- AMCA certification for ambient, electric, and hot water heated models
The Berner PureAir Package™
An air purification system for air curtains.
- Deactivates viruses, kills bacteria and mold spores starting at the door
- Improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Quiet and energy efficient
ASHRAE 90.1-2019 allows air curtains
ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 joins other building codes allowing Air Curtains as Vestibule Substitutes.
AMCA certified air curtains were approved June 25, 2019 as alternatives to vestibules on most commercial building entries in ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 “Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low Rise Residential Buildings.”
What are the benefits of an air curtain?
- Energy savings
- Occupant comfort and customer experience
- Better indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Food safety
- An integrated pest management (IPM) plan
- Sustainability and Green Building goals
- Reduced touch points
- Employee well-being
Do air curtains really work?
Yes! Air curtains, a.k.a. air doors or fly fans, properly selected, installed and operated really do work to create a barrier out of air across an opening. So much so, that ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) building code allows AMCA certified air curtains as alternatives to vestibules.
Are air curtains effective?
Energy Conservation & Comfort: Research shows that properly selected, installed and operated air curtains are +/- 80% effective at keeping warm air on one side and cold air on the other when the door is open.
Flying Insect Control: Research with the USDA shows that air curtains are effective at preventing flying insects from passing through the air stream formed across the opening.
How Do Air Curtains Work?
When the door is open, Berner air curtains form a barrier out of air that:
- Keeps warm air on one side and cold air on the other
- Keeps flying insects out, chemical-free
- Keeps out fumes such as cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide, and odors
- Allows people, machines and goods to enter and exit
Industries and Applications
Berner Introduces the PureAir Package™ for Air Curtains - an air disinfection system for air curtains that purifies air of viruses, VOCs, and other airborne particulates.
UPDATED 5/25/20: Berner announced the Berner Air Curtain App, a first-of-its-kind air curtain app to control architectural air curtains from a smartphone, is available now at the Google Play Store. The company also standardized its patented digital controller, the Intelliswitch™, across its product suite of air curtains in the Berner Architectural category.
Berner announced that manufacturer representatives SRS Enterprises, Middletown, N.J., and R. Williamson & Associates LLC, Skokie, Ill., received the company's "Rep of the Year–2019" honors in the buy/resell and commission sales categories, respectively.
Good news for building owners, engineers/architects, and HVAC contractors who can now save energy, construction costs, and space in commercial facilities with this latest approved code addition.