- you had an air curtain that cleaned air?
- you had an air curtain that killed bacteria & viruses?
- you had an air curtain that improved your IAQ?
Introducing the Berner PureAir Package™ for air curtains
an air purifier system for air curtains
When the door is open, pass through an air stream filled with carcinogen-free ionized air molecules.
When the door is closed, the EC motor powers down to the “PURE” setting to quietly operate at a very low speed as an air purifier for the space.
- Kills viruses, bacteria, and mold spores at the door
- Improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Quiet & energy efficient
How our air curtain air purifier works:
- Pre-filter: Berner uses a built-in MERV 8 filter on the air intake to pre-treat the air
- Then, the air is treated with ionization technology, one device per motor
- The air stream now contains ionized particles
- When the door is open, operates as an air curtain and air purifier of the air stream
- When the door is closed, operates as an air purifier of the space around the door
The Berner digital controller gives us the capacity to easily integrate the EC motors and the ionization devices to an existing air curtain design, allowing Berner to quickly bring to market another layer of disinfection at the entrance.
The PureAir Package comes standard with the Berner Intelliswitch and EC motors. The Intelliswitch is programmed with the “PURE” mode. This mode powers the EC motor(s) down to the super low speed of 700 RPM when door is closed, allowing the unit to quietly operate as an air purifier. When the door opens, the motor returns to “air curtain” speed to operate as an air curtain, protecting the opening from outside temperatures while treating the air stream with ionized air molecules.
The EC motors operate quietly and efficiently on a wide range of speeds, which allows for low power consumption, especially important when the system is operating 24/7. For those who want the ability to operate and monitor the air curtain from their phone, the option at add the Berner AIR is available.
How the Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization Technology (NPBI) works:
What is NPBI?
Also known as cold plasma, needlepoint bipolar ionization technology (NPBI) is a UL Certified ozone-free technology that ionizes air molecules.
How does it work?
Ionized air molecules or free radicals mix into the air, breaking down gases such as VOCs & odors. The positive and negative ions pull hydrogen out of viruses, bacteria, mold, VOCs, and odors, deactivating them. This reaction happens the moment the ion comes into contact with the pathogen or particle.
The ions also attract dust and allergen particulates (think pollen) that are floating in the air. These particulates then cluster around the ion making it heavy so that it falls out of the air taking the dust and allergens with it.
Kills / deactivates:
- Germs, viruses, & bacteria
Eliminates / reduces:
- and other airborne particulates
The PureAir Package™ includes:
- MERV 8 filter (washable)
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) technology
- 1/2 hp EC motor(s) – ten speeds
- Intelliswitch with the PURE mode
- optional: Berner AIR (wireless controller & app)
Currently available for the Architectural High Performance 10 air curtain.
NPBI is certified by UL 867 and UL 2998 as an ozone and byproducts free technology.
To learn more, contact sales.