Air Doors for Fine Dining Restaurants
For fine dining restaurants, sanitation, thermal comfort, and cost savings are at the top of the priority list. But maintaining high standards while also succeeding in the fast-paced restaurant world can prove to be a difficult task.
Fine dining restaurants face many challenges when trying to provide a comfortable, welcoming, and safe environment:
- Maintaining indoor air quality and comfort
- High energy costs
- Meeting kitchen sanitary standards and health codes
- Creating a safe, well-ventilated space
- Infiltration of odors, dirt, and debris
This is where Berner air curtains for fine dining restaurants can help. Ready to get started?
Benefits of Air Doors at Fine Dining Restaurants
Air doors, also known as fly fans, for fine dining restaurants send a controlled stream of air across an opening from one side to the other, creating an invisible barrier that separates and protects different environments while not obstructing the flow of foot traffic of diners and employees.
How does this help fine dining restaurants?
- Increased overall customer satisfaction and comfort
- Energy savings: the high foot traffic in fine dining restaurants causes constant opening and closing of doors, letting in outdoor temperatures and making it hard for existing heating/cooling systems to keep up. Air curtains reduce this added strain by providing the barrier needed to keep the internal environment comfortable without the HVAC system working overtime.
- Higher sanitation – Berner has EPH Certified to NSF 37 air curtains for service entries to maintain top sanitary conditions by providing chemical-free flying insect control
- Safer environments –Berner’s PureAir Package™ used over main entrances helps to disinfect indoor air, starting at the door. This system uses ionization technology to deactivate viruses and kill bacteria and mold spores, increasing indoor air quality (IAQ) and creating a well-ventilated, safe space.
- Reduce employee turnover rates and complaints
- Maintain clear access and visibility through doorways
Berner offers a range of air curtains for fine dining restaurants to fit every need and application. As the first air curtain manufacturer in the United States, we have the expertise and experience to get you the right product, every time. Contact us today to learn more.
Installation Applications for Air Curtains for Fine Dining Restaurants
Air doors for fine dining restaurants can be used over entrances and doorways throughout the establishment, including main entrances, kitchen/service entries, walk-in coolers, indoor/outdoor bars and patio/garden entryways, and shipping/receiving areas.
The main entrance is one that sees a great amount of foot traffic and benefits immensely from the use of air curtains for fine dining restaurants. Berner has Architectural Air Curtains made with designers in mind so that restaurants can have environmental protection without compromising the building design.
Berner also has AMCA Certified air curtains that meet ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2019 and other building codes as exceptions to vestibules. This eliminates the need for an expensive, space-consuming addition to the establishment’s main entrance.
The Berner PureAir Package™ is a great solution for ensuring the quality of air indoors and eliminating potentially harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold spores.
Kitchen managers know that successful restaurants use a Berner EPH Listed to NSF 37 air curtain on their back doors for chemical-free insect control. A fly fan installed in the back of house can help meet health code and save energy.
When used over walk-in cooler entrances, an air curtain helps the cooler to maintain refrigeration temperatures even during peak business hours when traffic in and out of the cooler is high. A walk-in cooler air door increases energy savings through decreased compressor run times, as well as diminishes the threat, and associated costs, of food spoilage.
Make the atmosphere around an indoor/outdoor bar comfortable and pest free with a Berner air curtain.
Protect the inside from outside temperatures and flying insects while still allowing easy access to outdoor dining areas.
When deliveries are made and goods and trash are passed back and forth, protect the back of house from infiltrating temperatures and flying insects with a Berner air curtain.