Convenience Store Air Doors
Convenience stores receive a large amount of foot traffic every day. Whether standalone or attached to a gas station, there is a constant influx and efflux of patrons. This steady flow of traffic creates a number of unique problems for convenience stores:
- Repeated door opening introduces exterior air
- Flying insects, dirt, debris, and odors
- Health and safety/sanitation concerns
- Profitability can be reduced with higher energy expenditure
This is where Berner air curtains for convenience stores come in. Ready to get started?
Benefits of Convenience Store Air Doors
Convenience store air doors blow a controlled stream of air across an opening to the other site to create an air seal. The seal it creates allows for a separation of different environments and a smooth, uninterrupted flow of traffic. What can this do for convenience stores?
- Higher sanitation: When Berner’s PureAir Package™ is used over the main entrance, you can improve indoor air quality (IAQ), deactivate viruses, bacteria, and mold spores, while being quiet and energy-efficient
- Flying insect control
- Consistent temperatures for longer shelf-life
- Security of health department mandate compliance
- Protect open air merchandising cases from humidity and repeated door opening
- Improved customer and employee comfort
- Energy savings: constant opening and closing of doors lets in outdoor temperatures, making it hard for your AC unit to keep up. An air curtain provides the barrier needed to ensure your AC system isn’t working overtime and that the internal environment remains comfortable
Installation Applications for Convenience Store Air Doors
Air curtains for convenience stores can be used in a number of different areas throughout the building including:
- Main Entrance: Berner’s PureAir Package™ is perfect for ensuring the quality of the air and eliminating potentially harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold
- Walk-In Freezers
- Backdoors: particularly for insect control and maintaining health code standards
- Beer/Soda Walk-In Coolers
Berner offers a variety of air curtains for convenience stores that can provide you with cost savings. We have been manufacturing air curtains in the U.S. since 1956, giving us the knowledge and expertise to help a range of industries and applications. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Savvy retailers use Berner ambient and heated air curtains on high-traffic main entrances, along with or instead of a vestibule, to protect the front of the store from outside temperatures and traffic fumes as shoppers come and go.
Store managers use air curtains over man doors to protect the back of the store from outside temperatures, secondhand smoke, truck exhaust and flying insects.
Store managers know the benefits of using air curtains to maintain refrigeration temperatures: energy savings through decreased compressor run times, as well as the diminished threat, and associated costs, of food spoilage.