While making customers look good, salon owners need to make them feel good. Hair salons, nail salons, and beauty parlors serve many clients every day. This steady flow of traffic in small, enclosed spaces can create a number of unique issues for salons:
- Reduced profitability because of higher energy costs
- Health and safety/sanitation concerns
- Continuous door openings introducing exterior air, decreasing thermal comfort of occupants
- Infiltration of flying insects, dirt, debris, and odors
Your customers will look great when they leave – you need to make sure they feel good while they are in the chair. That’s where Berner air curtains for salons come in. Ready to get started?
Benefits of Salon Air Doors
Salon air doors diffuse a controlled air stream across an opening to the other side, creating an air seal. The seal causes different environments to separate, producing a safe, clean passage for customer traffic.
How can this help your salon?
- Energy bills can be lowered: Constant opening and closing of doors lets in outdoor temperatures, making it hard for your AC unit to keep up. Air curtains provide the barrier needed to ensure your AC system isn’t working overtime and that the internal environment remains comfortable.
- Sanitation is increased: When Berner’s PureAir Package™ is used over your main entrance, indoor air quality (IAQ) is drastically improved quietly and efficiently by deactivating viruses and killing bacteria and mold spores, helping to create a safer environment
- Flying insects are controlled, chemical-free
- Customers can enjoy steady, dependable temperatures
- Merchandise and products can be protected from humidity and repeated door openings
Berner offers a variety of air curtains for salons that can provide you with cost savings and support safer environments. We have been manufacturing air curtains in the U.S. since 1956, giving us the knowledge and expertise to help a range of industries and applications. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Installation Applications for Salon Air Doors
Air curtains for salons can be used in a number of different areas throughout the building including customer entries and employee/service doors.
Smart and savvy salon owners and operators use Berner ambient and heated air curtains on high-traffic main entrances, along with or instead of a vestibule, to protect the front of the store from outside temperatures and traffic fumes as clients and shoppers come and go. Berner’s PureAir Package™ is a great way to ensure good indoor air quality (IAQ) and for reducing/eliminating potentially harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold spores.
Salon managers use air curtains over man doors to protect the back of the salon from outside temperatures, secondhand smoke, truck exhaust, and flying insects.