Exercise and exertion isn’t pretty. Handling scores of sweltering and sweating customers coming and going creates a number of unique challenges for gyms, fitness centers, and athletic facilities:
- Health, safety, and sanitation concerns
- Repeated door openings introducing exterior air and making it hard to maintain thermal comfort for occupants
- Infiltration of odors, dirt, and debris
- Profitability reduced because of higher energy expenses
Athletic facilities of all sizes need to provide a healthy atmosphere for their customers and staff. This is where Berner air curtains for gyms, athletic facilities, and fitness centers come in. Ready to get started? Get in touch with us today.
Benefits of Gym Air Doors
Air doors used at gyms, fitness centers, and athletic facilities blow a controlled stream of air across an opening from one side to the other, creating a seal that separates different environments.
How does this help gyms and fitness facilities?
- Higher sanitation: When Berner’s PureAir Package™ is used over the main entrances, you can improve indoor air quality (IAQ) and create a safer environment by deactivating viruses, bacteria, and mold spores, while being quiet and energy-efficient
- Energy savings: constant opening and closing of doors lets in outdoor temperatures, making it hard for your AC unit to keep up. An air curtain provides the barrier needed to ensure your AC system isn’t working overtime and that the internal environment remains comfortable
- Chemical-free flying insect control
- Consistent temperatures throughout the gym or fitness center, increasing customer and employee comfort
Berner offers a variety of air curtains for gyms, fitness centers, and athletic facilities that can provide you with cost savings. We have been manufacturing air curtains in the U.S. since 1956, giving us the knowledge and expertise to help a range of industries and applications. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Installation Applications for Gym and Fitness Center Air Doors
Air curtains for gyms, athletic facilities, and fitness centers can be used in a number of different areas throughout the building, including customer entries, employee/service doors, and walk-in coolers.
Air curtains used at main entrances are a great way to increase occupant comfort while also saving on energy costs. Berner even has air doors that were designed specifically with aesthetics in mind, our Architectural Air Curtains, that won't detract from the design of the entrance. They quietly and discreetly protect the space.
In addition, Berner’s PureAir Package™ is perfect for ensuring the quality of the air and reducing/eliminating potentially harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold.
Facility managers use air curtains over man doors to protect gyms and fitness centers from outside temperatures, secondhand smoke, truck exhaust, and flying insects.
Smart athletic facility managers know the benefits of using air curtains to maintain refrigeration temperatures of nutritious juices, energy drinks, and protein shakes: energy savings through decreased compressor run times, as well as the diminished threat, and associated costs, of food spoilage.