Air Doors for Cafés & Fast Casual Restaurants
Cafés and fast-casual restaurants create revenue by supplying their customers with high-quality, fast-paced food and drinks on-the-go. They must provide not only a comfortable, sanitary interior environment for dine-in service, but they also need to ensure their in-and-out patrons along with drive-thru business is working as efficiently and successfully as possible.
There are many hurdles for cafés and fast-casual restaurants to overcome in order to stay competitive and maximize profit:
- Maintaining the comfort and overall satisfaction of guests
- Higher than expected energy costs
- Meeting health code
- Creating a safe, well-ventilated space
- Infiltration of odors, pollutants, and debris from outside
This is where Berner air curtains for fast-casual restaurants and cafés can help. Ready to get started? Contact us today.
Benefits of Air Doors for Cafés and Fast-Casual Restaurants
Air doors, also known as fly fans, for cafés and fast-casual restaurants produce a controlled stream of air across an opening to create an invisible air seal that separates and protects different environments while also allowing for clear access and visibility through doorways.
How does this help cafés and fast-casual restaurants?
- Increase overall customer satisfaction and comfort by providing a stable interior environment
- Energy savings: With the constant coming and going of customers in a fast-paced environment such as a café or fast-casual restaurant, there is a near-constant opening and closing of doors, letting in outdoor temperatures and making it hard for existing heating/cooling systems to keep up. Air curtains reduce this added strain by providing the barrier needed to keep the internal environment comfortable without the HVAC system working overtime.
- Increased sanitation – Berner has EPH Certified to NSF 37 air curtains to help kitchens meet health code with chemical-free flying insect control, making it easy to maintain top sanitary conditions.
- Safer environments – By increasing the circulation of air within a space along with the Berner’s air disinfection ionization device, the PureAir Package™, cafés and fast-casual restaurants can create cleaner and safer environments for their customers and employees. This system uses ionization technology to deactivate viruses and kill bacteria and mold spores starting at the door, while also increasing ventilation and air circulation in a quiet, energy efficient manner.
Berner has the expertise and experience to assist cafés and fast-casual restaurants in choosing the right air curtain solution for any application. We pride ourselves on manufacturing quality products made in the U.S.A. and have units that are AMCA and UL certified along with meeting other prominent building codes. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Installation Applications for Air Curtains for Fast Casual Restaurants
Air doors for cafés and fast-casual restaurants are used over entrances and doorways throughout the building, including kitchen/service entries, walk-in coolers, customer entrances, indoor/outdoor bars and patio/garden entryways, and shipping/receiving areas.
Kitchen managers know that successful restaurants use a Berner EPH Listed to NSF 37 air curtain on their back doors for chemical-free insect control. A fly fan installed in the back of house can help meet health code and save energy.
In order to ensure the walk-in cooler is working as efficiently as possible while also keeping the inside at the correct temperature to avoid threats, and associated costs of, food spoilage, savvy kitchen managers know to use a Berner air curtain. When used over walk-in cooler entrances, an air curtain helps the cooler to maintain refrigeration temperatures even during peak business hours when traffic in and out of the cooler is high. It can also offer energy savings through decreased compressor run times and wear and tear.
With patrons coming and go rapidly in cafés and fast-casual restaurants, customer entries bring in outside temperatures, flying insects, and dirt and debris from the outside just as rapidly. With a Berner Air Curtain, an invisible and discreet barrier is created, keeping these elements out and the inside clean and comfortable.
Berner has specially designed architectural air curtains that can be seamlessly integrated into the design of the restaurant. In addition, Berner’s PureAir Package™ helps to disinfect the space’s air starting at the door.
Keep drink sippers and snack munchers comfortable while they relax at a café or fast-casual restaurant indoor/outdoor bar with a Berner air curtain.
Protect interior comfort from outside temperatures and flying insects while still allowing easy access to outdoor seating areas.
Unloading deliveries often leads to shipping and receiving entrances being left open for long periods of time to allow ease of access inside and out. Using an air curtain can protect the interior from flying insects, outdoor temperatures, and pollutants, such as truck exhaust and keep them from lowering sanitation and comfort.