Creativity, ingenuity, and originality flow through studios – whether you’re creating art, teaching yoga, taking photographs, or crafting furniture. Studios are often located in re-purposed building sites and can receive a fair amount of patrons and deliveries.
All these can create a number of unique challenges for studios:
- Difficulty maintaining thermal comfort by repeated door openings introducing exterior air
- Profitability reduced due to higher energy expenses
- Infiltration of flying insects, dirt, debris, and odors
- Health and safety/sanitation concerns
Keep the creativity flowing, but make the environment safe and healthy. This is where Berner air curtains and air doors for studios come in. Ready to get started?
Benefits of Studio Air Doors and Air Curtains
Air doors utilized by studios emit a controlled air stream across a door opening, creating a seal. This seal allows for different environments to separate and creates a safe, sanitary, and comfortable area for customer traffic.
This can help studios by:
- Delivering consistent, comfortable temperatures for clients, customers, guests, and staff
- Cutting energy expenses: constant opening and closing of doors lets in outdoor temperatures, making it hard for your AC unit to keep up. An air curtain provides the barrier needed to ensure your AC system isn’t working overtime and that the internal environment remains comfortable
- Providing better sanitation: When Berner’s PureAir Package™ is used over main entrances, you quietly and efficiently improve indoor air quality (IAQ) and create a healthier environment by deactivating viruses, bacteria, and mold spores
- Controlling flying insects
- Protecting merchandise, artistic items, and other objects from humidity and repeated door openings
Berner offers a variety of air curtains for studios that can provide you with cost savings. We have been manufacturing air curtains in the U.S. since 1956, giving us the knowledge and expertise to help a range of industries and applications. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Installation Applications for Studio Air Doors
Air curtains for studios can be used in a number of different areas throughout the building, including customer entry, shipping & receiving, and employee/service entry doors.
Savvy studio owners use Berner ambient and heated air curtains on high-traffic main entrances, along with or instead of a vestibule, to protect the front of the store from outside temperatures and traffic fumes as shoppers come and go. The Berner PureAir Package™ is another great addition to help reduce/eliminate potentially harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold spores while increasing indoor air quality (IAQ).
Berner air curtains for loading dock doors, bay doors, and other large openings are used to maintain a more comfortable and more energy efficient loading area.
Studio owners and operators use air curtains over man doors to protect the back of the studio from outside temperatures, secondhand smoke, truck exhaust, and flying insects.