Houses of worship strive to offer a pristine, safe, hygienic, and respectful atmosphere for their congregations to gather, pray, sing, celebrate, and contemplate.
But churches, temples, mosques, and shrines that can often be in repurposed buildings such as retail and commercial spaces – face numerous challenges in providing a happy and healthy environment:
- Repeated door openings introducing exterior air
- Higher than expected energy expenses
- Infiltration of odors, dirt, and debris
- Health, safety, and sanitation concerns
This is where Berner air curtains for churches, temples, mosques, and shrines can help. Ready to get started? Get in touch with us today.
Benefits of Air Doors at Houses of Worship
Air doors at churches and other houses of worship efficiently, and more importantly, quietly, send a controlled stream of air across an opening from one side of the door to the other, creating a seal that separates different environments, while allowing visitors to enter and exit.
How does this help your house of worship?
- Energy savings: the constant opening and closing of doors lets in outdoor temperatures, making it hard for your AC unit to keep up. An air curtain provides the barrier needed to ensure your AC system isn’t working overtime and that the internal environment remains comfortable
- Consistent and comfortable temperatures throughout the church for ministers and congregants
- Safer environment: proper air circulation means the elimination of airflow dead zones, dilution of airborne contaminants, and improved distribution of fresh air, all of which improve indoor air quality (IAQ) and create a safe, comfortable space that is now more than ever a necessity.
- Higher sanitation: when Berner’s PureAir Package™ is used over the main entrances, you can improve indoor air quality (IAQ), deactivate viruses, bacteria, and mold spores, while being quiet and energy-efficient
- Chemical-free flying insect control
Berner offers a variety of air curtains for houses of worship that can provide you with cost savings. We have been manufacturing air curtains in the U.S. since 1956, giving us the knowledge and expertise to help a range of industries and applications. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Installation Applications for Air Doors at Houses of Worship
Air curtains for houses of worship can be used in a number of different areas throughout the church, temple, mosque, or shrine, including main entrances, service doors, and shipping & receiving doors.
The main entrance is one that sees the most foot traffic. Adding a Berner Air Curtain over these entryways is crucial in achieving maximum indoor comfort and protection. Using a Berner Architectural Air Curtain, you can protect the space without detracting from the aesthetics of the entrance.
Berner’s PureAir Package™ is perfect for ensuring the quality of the air and eliminating potentially harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold.
Building managers at houses of worship can use air curtains over doors to protect churches and temples from outside temperatures, secondhand smoke, truck exhaust, and flying insects.
Berner air curtains for loading dock doors, bay doors, and other large openings are used to maintain a more comfortable and more energy efficient loading area.